Public Services Outsourcing
Overview of the Public Services Outsourcing work Stream
Outsourcing is one of the forms of privatization. It involves the transfer of services performed by Government, such as guarding government buildings and cleaning government offices to a privately owned company
Benefits of Outsourcing
Outsourcing has long been adopted worldwide as a way of offering improved service delivery to the public by Government.
It has the following benefits:
- Improved level of service and cost savings
- Gives citizen companies more business opportunities
- Allows senior government officials to focus on more important government business while private companies manage the outsourced service
The Responsibilities of the Public Services Outsourcing Department include:
- Assisting Government in identify areas to be outsourced
- Leading the implementation of outsourcing programme and providing support with respect to execution of outsourcing transactions
- Monitoring the implementation of outsourcing plans
- Facilitating capacity building in areas such as contract management and project management for Ministries, Local Authorities and public enterprises in implementing successful outsourcing.